SECURITY PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
Most security programs look good on paper but fall down in the real world.
IOActive’s approach is to build a concise component-based program that is functional not just for metrics or when auditors are there, but in everyday management of security in the organization.
IOActive’s comprehensive security program management offering starts with an organizational assessment that dives deep into understanding the existing risk posture, current threat actors, real-world threat scenarios, and the effectiveness of adversary-focused defensive capabilities. Based upon this current state understanding, IOActive works closely with clients to create a roadmap designed to enhance defensive capabilities and develop a framework to continuously monitor progress, benchmark against peers, and effectively communicate the risk posture to your board and stakeholders.
A typical assessment might include:
- A Security Policy Framework that captures key security philosophy for the company into a tight set of one-pager policies
- A Threat Scenario Analysis that captures what specific events we’re defending against
- A Unified Risk Register that captures and prioritizes all risk to the business across multiple areas.
- A Security Projects List that converts Risk Register items into remediation projects.
- A Security Projects Schedule that converts remediation projects into practical timelines.
- A Metrics System that captures the key KPIs for the security program and provides an interface into the team’s progress over time
- A Security Program Narrative which describes everything being done for security within the organization into a clean, visually attractive package that can be shared with management, partners, and customers.
These components combine to form a Security Program that’s real, tangible, and usable by everyone in the company. A security program that doesn’t just sit on a shelf but actually results in lower risk to the organization.