IOActive’s Advisory Services aid clients in addressing their security and data privacy challenges in a programmatic, organizationally-focused manner. Our elite security strategists help organizations build world-class programs for information technology, operational technology, or product development security governance. We provide sophisticated insight that supports the specific organizational mission, risk management needs, product and service offerings, and project goals of each customer.
IOActive’s Advisory Services practice leverages our testing and research expertise and experience to enable our customers to accomplish their strategic security goals.
Most strategic security consulting groups come from a law, accounting, or audit pedigree. IOActive approaches it from the perspective of the adversary in order to rate and recommend improvements around actual risk, as opposed to the theoretical.
IOActive advisors help customers define, prioritize, and measure the effectiveness of their organization’s security efforts at the strategic level based on their particular exposure and business needs. We then use this knowledge to strengthen and extend current security initiatives to better support the business. Finally, all of our output is weighted according to risk. We’re not dropping a flat list of findings in your lap. We’re giving prioritized output based on urgency and what impacts the business the most.
IOActive Advisory Services Include the Following:
- Program Efficacy Assessment: A look at the real-world efficacy of an organization’s security program from the perspective of its most likely attackers. After completion of the Program Efficacy Assessment, clients receive ratings for each area of their programs, with weighted recommendations that indicate how best to improve their real-world security posture.
- Threat Scenario Analysis: A tabletop exercise focused on how a company would prevent, detect, and respond to the most likely and dangerous scenarios. Output highlights how the various scenarios can be prevented, detected, and/or responded to, with actionable next-step recommendations prioritized by risk.
- Data Security Mapping: A consulting engagement that identifies and classifies company data and then maps how it moves throughout the organization as part of standard business practices. It then overlays likely threat actor methods for attacking the organization, and gives weighted recommendations for how to prevent, detect, and respond to such attacks.
- Secure Product Development: A look at the complete lifecycle for how a company’s primary products are created. From requirements, design, implementation, and maintenance, Advisory Services looks at the various considerations that go into creating and maintaining the security of a flagship software, hardware, or combined product. The offering includes multi-dimensional considerations, such as supply chain security, public vulnerability management, etc.
- Adversary Emulation Services: A unique approach to Red Team services that focuses on reproducing the techniques, tactics, and procedures used by actual threat actors an organization is likely to face in the real world, as opposed to internal or vendor preferred techniques. The offering also evaluates internal Red Teams in the key areas of Organizational Independence, Defensive Coordination, Continuous Operation, Adversary Emulation, and Efficacy.
Find Out More
To learn more about IOActive’s Advisory Services Practice, reach out and let us know more about the specific issues you and your organization face at http://www.ioactive.com/contact.html. We will happily set up a call, online meeting, or face-to-face meeting with you.
< Back to Services Overview